Getting and keeping a job can be especially difficult for someone with epilepsy, but our Employment Services staff are here to help.
Not only do we provide a range of services to people living with epilepsy, we also provide services and assistance to potential employers. Our focus is on job acquisition, retention and workplace adjustment. Through vocational and supportive counselling, we address employment standards, labour legislation, income support, insurance, driving issues and more.
If you have any questions or require support at any time, please do no hesitate to reach out to us. You can contact our Employment Services Manager, Carter Hammett, at: email@example.com or (416) 964 9095 x 212.
- 1-on-1 counselling and referrals
- Job search workshops and support groups
- Career planning, interview, and resume help
- Job coaching, development, and placement
- Risk assessments and identifying issues in the workplace from the perspective of employee and employer to evaluate the impact of the employee’s seizures/disability.
- Recommend workplace accommodations and offer support for implementation.
- Provide epilepsy education and training to company staff.
- Help those without employment to prepare for the job market (offering support in job search strategies).
Our counsellors will conduct an intake session to learn more about you and then will recommend further services to best meet your individual needs.
To request and intake session please contact Carter Hammett: firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 964 9095 x 212
Epilepsy@Work – A toolkit of epilepsy resources for human resources professionals, managers, and employees living with epilepsy.
ODEN employment service providers united to increase employment opportunities for people who have a disability.
Nicole Asta has been living with epilepsy since before she applied for her first job. She connected with Epilepsy Toronto’s employment team and began the process of doing an employment assessment and developing her job search skills. Read her full story below.
Working from Home During COVID-19 Webinar
Epilepsy Toronto’s Employment Specialist Jesse Preston, and long time client/member and occasional staff member, Lindsay Yeo (with years of working from home experience), give a presentation chock-full of tools to help you face the challenges of working from home, followed by a live Q&A.