Getting and keeping a job can be especially difficult for the person with epilepsy, but our Employment Services staff can help. Employment-related counselling is available to people with epilepsy, as well as consultancy services to employers. Our focus is on job acquisition, retention and workplace adjustment. Through vocational and supportive counselling, we address employment standards, labour legislation, income support, insurance and driving issues.
Our Employment Services
- Intake and Assessment
- 1-on-1 Counseling & Referrals
- Job Search Support Groups
- Career Planning
- Interview and Resume Help
- Job Development & Placement
- Job Coaching
- Risk Assessments
- Job Search Workshops
- Help identify issues in the workplace from the perspective of employee and employer and evaluate the impact of the employee’s seizures/disability.
- Make recommendations for workplace accommodations and offer support for implementation.
- Offer various solutions for any problems that arise in the workplace.
- Provide epilepsy education and training to company staff.
- Are approved by ODSP Toronto for job retention.
- Help those without employment to prepare for the job market (offering support in job search strategies).
If you are interested in receiving services at Epilepsy Toronto, please contact our office at 416-964-9095 and ask to speak to an intake worker.
Si vous avez besoin des services d’emploi en français, veuillez rejoindre le Centre francophone de Toronto au (416) 962-4600 poste 378. Ils se feront un plaisir de vous aider. Epilepsy Toronto collabore avec le Centre francophone de Toronto dans le but d’apporter des mesures de soutien liées à l’emploi aux personnes qui souffrent d’épilepsie à Toronto.