Epilepsy Toronto is Hiring!
Position: Special Events Intern
Department: Communications Department
Position length: 8 week contract, full-time
Epilepsy Toronto is a grassroots community service organization dedicated to the independence and quality of life of Torontonians with epilepsy and their families. We provide a wide spectrum of education and support services, including: individual and family counselling, group work, recreation services, employment consultation, conferences, workshops, and public awareness initiatives.
We are seeking a creative, multi-faceted, Special Events Intern to support our communications team in events coordination and communications initiatives with a special focus on the 2022 Toronto International Buskerfest in September.
Our internship will give you meaningful, hands-on experience working in events coordination and communications in the non-profit sector. In this role, you will be able to gain valuable experience in social media management, content creation, event planning, media relations, professional writing, and more. The ideal candidate is ready and eager to learn, and perhaps more importantly, a good human being who cares a great deal for the people we serve. They are warm and compassionate, open minded and flexible, supportive of our members, and the type of person everyone wants to have on their team.
- Supporting general events promotion and marketing initiatives
- Content creation for social media and other digital platforms
- Event logistical support
- Supporting volunteer coordination and communications
- Event media relations including outreach, media follow-up, and interview facilitation
- Internal communications support
- Sponsorship outreach and coordination
- Other events and communications tasks as needed
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from events management, communications, public relations, or related program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite
- Proficient in all major social media platforms (TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Knowledge of epilepsy is an asset