Epilepsy Toronto is Hiring!
Position: Adult Social Worker
Department: Adult Services
Position length: Full-time, permanent
Epilepsy Toronto is a grassroots community service organization dedicated to the independence and quality of life of Torontonians with epilepsy and their families. We provide a wide spectrum of education and support services, including: individual and family counselling, group work, recreation services, employment consultation, conferences, workshops, and public awareness initiatives.
The individual we are seeking is a highly energized, creative, and versatile professional with demonstrated counselling expertise in a health sector, and a passion for building communities. The ideal candidate will be patient, understanding, and seldom discouraged, with boundless initiative and team spirit, eager to be part of a dedicated and passionate team who make a real difference in the lives of people living with epilepsy and those who love them. Most importantly, they will have a deep appreciation for the trials and triumphs of the people they are committed to serve.
This is a permanent full time position, with health, dental, life insurance and LTD benefits. We operate in a hybrid remote/in-person service environment, in collaboration with a robust network of epilepsy service professionals, province-wide.
- Individual and family counselling
- Group facilitation
- Community outreach & liaison
- Adult education
- Crisis intervention
- Case management & community referral
- Project leadership
- Post-graduate education in social work, community nursing, rehabilitation, or counselling
- Several years of counselling/education/case-management work experience in a health care or community service environment
- Experience with crisis intervention, group facilitation, individual & family counselling, brief solution therapy, CBT, and community outreach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research and communicate complex medical information in clear and simple terms to a varied audience
- Knowledge of epilepsy is an asset
Should you be interested in applying please send your cover letter and resume to Geoff Bobb, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: August 23, 2021
Salary range: $51,000 – $60,000 annually