Position: Adult Social Worker
Salary Range: $58,000 – $71,000
Application Deadline: January 27, 2023
Epilepsy Toronto is a grass-roots community service organization dedicated to independence and quality of life for all people with epilepsy and their families. We provide a wide spectrum of education and support services, including: individual and family counseling, group work, recreation services, employment consultation, conferences, workshops, and public awareness initiatives.
We seek a highly energized, creative, and versatile professional with demonstrated counseling expertise in a health arena, and a keen interest in building communities. You will be one in a dedicated and passionate team of counselors who support people with epilepsy and their families to live well with seizures. Among other things, you’ll provide individual and family counseling, advocacy, system navigation, and group support, and be instrumental in building connections and community strength. The people you serve will inspire you with their resilience and courage, and you will end each day feeling as though you have made a difference!
This is a permanent full time position, with health, dental, life insurance and LTD benefits. We operate in a hybrid remote/in-person service environment, in collaboration with a robust network of epilepsy service professionals, province-wide.
The successful candidate for this job will be a multi-tasker, with self-initiative and team spirit, and be strongly committed to service quality, innovation, and accountability.
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Community Nursing, Rehabilitation, or Education
- Several years counseling/education/case-management experience in a health care or community service environment
- Experience with crisis intervention, group facilitation, individual & family counseling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of epilepsy an asset
- Ability to research medical information and convey findings, appropriately, to a varied audience
- Familiarity with community liaison / marketing strategies
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Geoff Bobb: firstname.lastname@example.org