Participate in the Government of Canada’s Accessibility Survey
Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Accessibility Secretariat has engaged Quorus Consulting Group to conduct a survey measuring Canadians’ awareness and experiences with accessibility and disability issues. The results of the survey will be used to help shape future federal accessibility policy.
The study is open to all Canadian citizens at least 18 years of age who have had a disability in the past or are currently living with a disability.
The survey should take about 15 minutes, depending on how much feedback you want to provide. Your decision to participate is up to you and will not affect your relationship with the Government of Canada or the services they provide you in any way. The information you provide will be managed according to the requirements of the Privacy Act. The final report on the survey will be available to the public through Library and Archives Canada, and shared with the disability community.
Quorus is accepting survey submissions until July 5th, 2019. There are many ways you can participate in the survey:
- You can complete the fully accessible online version of the survey by clicking on the following link: online survey
- You can schedule a telephone interview by calling the following toll-free number: 1-866-875-5470. You will be prompted to leave a message describing when you would like to be called by an interviewer.
- You can use your VRS, IP relay or TTY service to call the toll-free number: 1-866-875-5470 to schedule a telephone interview. When you are prompted to leave a message, please include your VRS, IP relay or TTY contact number, preferred language and time you would like to be called by an interviewer.
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a VRS, IP relay or TTY interview. In your email please include the following information:
o If requesting VRS, your preferred language (ASL or LSQ) and your VRS contact number.
o If requesting IP relay or TTY, your preferred language and service contact number.
- You can request or download a paper copy, braille paper copy, digital braille, or DAISY version of the questionnaire by visiting: www.quorusconsultations.com or by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about this survey or need it in another format, please contact the team at Quorus at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to contact someone at ESDC regarding this study, please email ACCESSIBLE-CANADA@HRSDC-RHDCC.GC.CA.
The team at Quorus and at ESDC want to thank you for your involvement in helping to shape the future of accessibility in Canada. Feel free to share the information about this survey with other people who might be interested in participating.