Power of Purple Video Contest
We’re not even kidding! One lucky person is going to be awarded a $1000 cash prize – and that person could be you! Every video submitted is an entry. We’ll be sharing them on social media and showcasing as many of the submissions as we can during “The Power of Purple” Purple Day broadcast. This exciting event will take place on Facebook Live, at 3:30 pm on Friday, March 26. – with a fabulous host, live performances, special guests and possibly even YOU (if you get your video entry in).CONTEST RULES
- To be eligible to enter the contest, an individual must:
- Be a legal resident of Canada.
- Be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the work submitted in connection with the contest; and
- If under the age of majority in your province, individuals must provide consent from a parent or guardian to enter a video into the contest and be eligible to win the prize.
- Epilepsy Toronto, EpLink, and University Health Network, (hereinafter, referred to as the “Contest Organizers”) shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Contest Organizers for the purpose of the contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Epilepsy Toronto reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The contest period begins on February 22, 2021 and ends on March 25, 2021 at 11:59pm. After which time the contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the contest. Entries must be received prior to the end of the applicable contest period to be eligible for entry.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered and the remainder will be void.
- All entries, including, if applicable, any video submitted in connection with the contest entry (the “Work”), become the sole property of the Contest Organizers. Entries must be received prior to the indicated contest period entry deadline. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, or forged.
- If Work has been submitted by an entrant in connection with the contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest Organizers and their partners (affiliated Epilepsy Ontario or Canadian Epilepsy Alliance organizations) may post the video on owned or controlled websites, viewing galleries and/or social media platforms. Each entrant further represents and warrants that: (i) the Work does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene; (ii) the Work is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the organizers to use the Work as contemplated by these contest rules; and (iii) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party.
- Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the entry, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, Twitter or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, Facebook or Twitter accounts for the domain or account associated with the submitted e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account. Each selected entrant may be required to provide Contest Organizers with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
- Contest prize shall have a cash value of one thousand Canadian dollars (CDN $1,000.00) and shall be announced on March 26th, 2021 during the Purple Day Livestream event on Facebook (www.facebook.com/epilepsytoronto/live) and on Twitter and/or the contest website.
- Winners will be contacted by the organizers with instructions on how to claim the prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or substituted, except at the sole discretion of the organizers. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The organizers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The organizers shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS
- All incidental costs and expenses related to creating the video are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and/or guest(s), where applicable. The winner shall not seek reimbursement for any expenses from the organizers.
- WINNER SELECTION.
- Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, organizers will select one (1) entrant by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the contest period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the contest.
- Winner may be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsors, if applicable, Facebook and Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the contest, participation in any contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the organizers of the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, convert, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt, and otherwise use or re-use the submitted Work, his or her name, image, likeness, comments, voice and/or biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised in connection with publicity related to the contest. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or verification as a winner, or the selected individual(s) will be disqualified and any rights he or she may have to the prize will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the contest, any breach of the contest rules, or in any prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to the organizers in connection with the contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work, and shall grant to the Contest Organizers a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive licence to copy, use, modify, reproduce, display, adapt and transmit the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the contest. The entrant hereby confirms that the Work is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof. The organizers assume no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. In addition, each entrant represents to organizers that the Work does not infringe any copyright interest of any third party and that the Work is not defamatory or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise. Sponsors reserve the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The organizers assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The organizers are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest. The Contest Organizers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Contest Organizers are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Contest Organizers are not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Contest Organizers assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Contest Organizers, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest and/or the contest website.
- By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the contest rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the organizers, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the organizer’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANIZERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If applicable, winner must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at any prize-related locations. The organizers reserve the right to remove from any prize-related locations, any winner and/or guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such winner and/or guest.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By participating in the contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the organizers the right to use his/her personal information provided when he/she enters the Contest and the Work (if applicable) (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners and coordinating the provision of the contest prize; (ii) grants to the organizers the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the contest in any and all media without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the organizers and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION Contest Organizers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the contest, and/or the contest rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official contest rules. The contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the organizers and/or the Contests. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contests shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
17. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to the organizers and not to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Epilepsy Toronto and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.