News from Epilepsy Toronto Employment Services:
We’re happy to announce the first ever Career Planning Week from September 17 – 21, 2018! Held at our Epilepsy Toronto office, we are offering a week of free career planning workshops for people living with invisible or episodic disabilities from 1pm – 5pm daily.
Through a series of discussions, workshops, inventories and group projects, candidates will gain insight into the world of potential future employment opportunities while discovering new skill sets they can use almost immediately.
The small group setting allows for team building training in a supportive environment with people who share similar aspirations. Participants will get the opportunity to see use their newly discovered skills and strengths in real-time during group exercises while better understanding their potential, their interests and considering realistic work environments while making smarter career choices.
Outcomes will include:
- Learners gaining insight into their strengths, learning styles, values and goal setting through group feedback, one-to-one support and a customized report summarizing the outcomes of all exercises experienced during the week.
- Everyone who has gone through the intake process will develop a disability profile and this will be matched against their career goals and will be debriefed one-to-one after reports have been generated and reviewed with staff.
- Learners leaving with “themes” generated by the exercises engaged in and will be able to narrow down career choices with greater awareness, authority, accommodations and confidence.
- Access to job coaching is always available on a requested basis
- Report and review available post workshop
This is an intensive (but fun) week and full commitment is required to complete what promises to be a three-dimensional experience; workshops will be 20 hours in total.
TTC Tokens are available upon request to those in need